Wednesday 16 February 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Before I started making this music magazine I had never been on Photoshop, Blogger, Flickr and I have never had to take a photo professionally to use for something like this.
          From doing this magazine I would say I have pretty much learnt the basics on the programme, Photoshop. When I first went on Photoshop I had no idea where to start, I didn't even know how to get a page up and now I feel very confident when using Photoshop and enjoy experimenting with all the different tools there are to use. The magazine itself was done on photoshop and then I presented my work on websites such as Blogger and Flickr. I was very happy with my final piece as I had never done anything like that before, however, I found that a lot of the other students in  my class were very familiar with photoshop and could get on with their work very quickly, whereas with me, if I was stuck or if I didn't understand how to change something it was very time consuming to try and work out how to do what I wanted to do so I think I would need a bit more practice with it until I could say I was completely confident with Photoshop.

          Flickr was one of the websites I used to present my work. I found this very interesting because you could link this with the website, Blogger. Blogger is very good for putting a picture up and then writing about it but when you want to write about specific parts of the picture and show the viewer what you are talking about (which is what I needed to do a lot in my evaluation) Flickr comes in very handy. I have learnt to upload my own pictures to flickr and once you have you can 'Add a note' to the picture and put it in a certain place of the picture you want to talk about and write out your evaluation. Once this is done I have also learnt to connect my pictures from flickr to blogger, so that when someone is on my blogger they will see the picture I want to show them, click on it and they can see my annotations of the picture on flickr, which isn't just Handy for me but for the viewer as well as this makes it more understandable for them to read and look into.
I had never used blogger until I started making this magazine and this website made it a lot more easier to present my work in a clear and structured way. I have learnt how to separate my work into different labels which helps a lot when organising your work into different sections, for example the planning would go in one label and the evaluation would go in another. Also, I have learnt how to make my blogger look pretty and appealing to the viewer. I can now change the background and the heading to make it look more presentable and I have learnt how to move the templates around and the blogs to make it look more organised. I'm very happy I got a chance to use blogger and I think it's a really good way to present and organise you work.
          Also, since doing this magazine I have become more familiar with using a camera. I've learnt about subjectives gazes and what poses the model should be doing to attract the viewer. I've learnt which ways are the best to have the lighting so the picture comes out nicest and I've learnt more about camera shots and angles. For my main image on my cover I did a medium close up, the model had a subjective gaze and is smiling to pull the reader in and she is in front of a plain white background facing the light. If I was to have taken a picture before doing this magazine, the quality of the picture would have been much worse than it was in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment