Wednesday 16 February 2011

Looking back at your preliminary task (the college magazine task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to full product?

Looking back on my preliminary task, and comparing it to my finished magazine, I think the difference is clear between the two that I have most definately improved on my photoshopping skills as the project has gone on. When I did the preliminary task I had never really used photoshop before to do something of my own so it was more experimenting than actually trying to make a good cover and contents page. Also, with my music magazine it seemed a lot more important and I really wanted to have a good final piece so I become more serious when using photoshop and concentrated on getting done what I needed to get done.
          Also, when I started donig my music magazine, I looked more closely at how previous magazines generically set out their covers and contents page, which as you can see, I had no idea about doing with my preliminary task. For example, when doing my contents page for my preliminary task I really squiged all of the writing up so that it was really hard for the reader to read but when I looked through previous contents pages I found that the writing is very spaced out so it is more clear for the viewer to read and as you can see I have improved with this in my music magazine.
Through the process of using photoshop for my music magazine I learnt about new tools you could use to make your work look more impressive for example, the magic wand tool. The magic wand tool has been like a miracle while using photoshop and my preliminary task could have turned out a lot better if I'd of known about it and known how to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment